-
August 2nd, 2008, 04:50 PM
#1
moderator
Hi there music lovers! It's me Wink Dangerdale and I am back with a new series of Music Trivia Games.
It's always a great pleasure bringing these games to you, so without furthur adieu, let game #1 begin!
Here are your 15 questions! I am looking forward to seeing your answers!
Good luck to all MUSIC TRIVIA GAME contestants! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
01) Besides writing The Troggs' hit "Wild Thing", he also penned "Angel of the Morning", by both Merrilee Rush and Juice Newton as well as "I Can Make It With You" by The Pozo Seco Singers and many other hit records.
Chip Taylor is his stage name. He is the brother of a famous actor and the uncle of a famous actress. Do you know the real name of this American songwriter?
02) When a poem called "Too Many Teardrops" was put to music, it was re-titled "69 Tears". Knowing that a song with such a name would never get any radio air play, it was re-named again and by October, 1966 became a number one hit. Can you name the song and the band who performed it?
03) She has recorded 18 U.S. number one songs, but has never won a Grammy Award. Do you know who this great lady is?
04) He is said to have fathered six illegitimate children before his untimely death in 1969. Can you name this legendary guitarist?
05) She was given the first chance to record "A Groovy Kind of Love", but her then-producer Shelby Singleton did not want her to record a song with the word "groovy" in it. The Mindbenders seized the opportunity and took the song to #2 on the Billboard charts. Can you name the songstress who turned this groovy song down?
06) The husband and wife song-writing team of Felice and Boudleaux Byant have said that they wrote this Everly Brothers' 1958 number one hit, in about 15 minutes. Can you name the song?
07) According to legend, to add the authentic sound of a motorcycle engine to The Shangri-Las' "Leader Of The Pack", one was driven through the lobby of the hotel and up to the floor of the recording studio. However, in an interview four decades later, Shangri-Las lead singer Mary Weiss scoffed at this story! How did she say they got that authentic sound?
08) Bruce Springsteen was once the opening act for what female Canadian singer?
09) He played harmonica on The Doors' recording of "Road House Blues". He is credited on the album as G. Puglese. Do you know his real name?
10) Gladys Knight's "Pips" were named after her manager/cousin James "Pip" Patten. Later on, Gladys said PIP stood for what?
11) The first 'live' television satellite program to air worldwide was a two-hour show called Our World, in which The Beatles performed, on June 25, 1967. What song did they perform?
12) The Lovin' Spoonful's "Daydream" was included in John Lennon's personal jukebox along with "Do You Believe In Magic?". Paul McCartney later said that "Daydream" was a major influence on which of his own compositions?
13) Sam and Dave were a Soul singing duo who scored a half dozen hits on the US pop and R&B charts in the mid 1960s, including "Hold On, I'm Comin'". The two didn't get along very well and seldom spoke to each other off stage. Sam Moore said he lost all respect for his partner Dave Prater, in 1968, after Prater did what?
14) The yardstick for every aspiring young drummer in the sixties was an instrumental record which sold millions and has become a classic rock standard, yet was put together as a b-side filler in about 15 minutes and recorded in just two takes. Can you name the song title and the band who recorded it?
15) Even though the members of the three piece band called America are all from the US, they actually met and formed the group while they were living where?
I'll be right back!
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
Wink
-
August 2nd, 2008, 07:17 PM
#2
Inactive Member
#2- I believe it's called 96 tears Gus!
? and the Mysterians
Robert Martinez...his house just burned down, he still lives in Michigan!
-
August 2nd, 2008, 07:27 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Actually I got the first name wrong!
It may be Tito!?!?
I just cant remember, but there was a story on the news that his house just burned down last year and he lost everything!
-
August 2nd, 2008, 09:27 PM
#4
moderator
You are correct sir!
#2 is indeed 96 tears by Question Mark and The Mysterians!
I believe Question Mark's real name is Rudy Martinez. He was born in Mexico but raised in Michigan's Saginaw Valley!
Sorry to hear about his recent misfortunes! Sounds like too many teardrops, for one heart to be crying!
Thanks for playing Music Trivia Gregg!
There are now only 14 more questions in need of answers!
See ya soon!
[img]wink.gif[/img]
-
August 2nd, 2008, 11:57 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Ohhh Ohhhh another trivia game I love em. I only have a few minutes before Chat, so let me jump in here and grab a couple of points...maybe.
1) James "Jimmy" Voight, I loved the troggs and I remember he also wrote a song for Janis Joplin, I'm not sure I think it was Try (just a little bit harder)
4) James Marshall "Jimi" Hendrix
11) I remember seeing this on the telly "All You Need Is Love"...Darn I'm an antique
13) I think I remember reading in thier Biography that Drugs and Alcohol caused a split between them
14) my first band Ice Burg Medows, used to do this song just to P.O. our drummer.....Wipe Out
Thats all I can answer right now...Its Off to the Chat Room y'all
-
August 3rd, 2008, 05:32 PM
#6
moderator
Welcome to our new "Music Trivia Game" Ellanoize! Our viewers will surely remember that YOU were the
undisputed champion, of our previous series! Thanks for playing again, this time around!
Great start! Three of your five answers are correct!
01) You are correct! James Wesley Voight is indeed the American songwriter who wrote Wild Thing! You are also right about that Janis Joplin tune. It was one of four songs he wrote for her, that I'm aware of!
04) Sorry! James Marshall "Jimi" Hendrix is not the answer I was looking for. Not sure how many kids Hendrix may have fathered.
11) You are correct! All You Need Is Love was performed LIVE (with some prerecorded tracks) for OUR WORLD, by The Beatles in 1967! Three of the Rolling Stones were also there that day!
13) Sorry! Although there may have been issues with drugs and alcohol, I was looking for something more specific that caused Sam Moore to lose all respect for his partner Dave Prater.
14) You are correct! Wipe Out was indeed the yardstick for every aspiring young drummer, in the sixties!
That's very interesting about your first band doing it just to P.O. our drummer!
These numbers 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-12-13-15
are still waiting for your answers folks!
I'll check back later!
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
Wink
-
August 3rd, 2008, 11:12 PM
#7
Inactive Member
3) My trivia buddy larry sez it is Diana Ross...?
4) Rolling Stone's guitarist, Brian Jones died in '69 and was a reknowned womanizer
7) Back then Radio & Recording studios used a lot of pre-recorded tapes or disc's of Sound FX
8) I can't imagine Joni Mitchell so I gotta Guess Ann Muray
I'm sorry thats about the best these po little braincells can come up with.
Good Luck to the other players, The rest o the questions are too hard for me.
Thanks Wink, another great game [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
-
August 4th, 2008, 03:14 PM
#8
moderator
Well Rog, that is 4 more correct answers, for a total of 7. Great brain-cell manipulation there dude!
Lets take a look at those answers shall we?
03) You are correct! (or should I say your trivia buddy Larry is correct?) Can you believe Diana Ross has never won a grammy? Kind of the Susan Lucci of the music biz, I reckon!
04) You are correct! Brian Jones IS the reknowned womanizer, in question!
07) You are correct! Mary Weiss said that the motorcycle sound was simply taken from an effects record! Kind of a let-down after hearing the "legend" I must say!
08) You are correct! Bruce Springsteen was once the opening act for Canadian singer, Anne Murray, of "Snowbird" fame.
<font size="4">Keep those answers coming folks. There are still seven more questions!
And <u>these</u> are them:</font>
05) She was given the first chance to record "A Groovy Kind of Love", but her then-producer Shelby Singleton did not want her to record a song with the word "groovy" in it. The Mindbenders seized the opportunity and took the song to #2 on the Billboard charts. Can you name the songstress who turned this groovy song down?
06) The husband and wife song-writing team of Felice and Boudleaux Byant have said that they wrote this Everly Brothers' 1958 number one hit, in about 15 minutes. Can you name the song?
09) He played harmonica on The Doors' recording of "Road House Blues". He is credited on the album as G. Puglese. Do you know his real name?
10) Gladys Knight's "Pips" were named after her manager/cousin James "Pip" Patten. Later on, Gladys said PIP stood for what?
12) The Lovin' Spoonful's "Daydream" was included in John Lennon's personal jukebox along with "Do You Believe In Magic?". Paul McCartney later said that "Daydream" was a major influence on which of his own compositions?
13) Sam and Dave were a Soul singing duo who scored a half dozen hits on the US pop and R&B charts in the mid 1960s, including "Hold On, I'm Comin'". The two didn't get along very well and seldom spoke to each other off stage. Sam Moore said he lost all respect for his partner Dave Prater, in 1968, after Prater did what?
15) Even though the members of the three piece band called America are all from the US, they actually met and formed the group while they were living where?
I'll be back asap, if not sooner!
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
Wink
-
August 16th, 2008, 04:20 AM
#9
Inactive Member
I will guess at these and see if I get lucky!
05) Cher
06) Wake Up Little Suzie
09) Keith Relf
10) Perfection In Pop
12) Yesterday
13) Murdered someone
15) Mexico
Any atta-boys for me Wink?

Ol Sparky
-
August 16th, 2008, 04:37 PM
#10
moderator
A good effort Ol Sparky! I'm giving you 2 atta-boys!
05) Cher is an incorrect answer!
06) Wake Up Little Suzie is an incorrect answer!
09) Keith Relf is an incorrect answer!
10) "Perfection In Pop" is close enough. The correct answer is <u>Perfection In Performance</u>!
12) Yesterday is an incorrect answer!
13) "Murdered someone" is close enough. I have not been able to find out if she died (so probably not) but Dave Pratter shot his own wife in the face during a 1968 domestic dispute. He was never prosecuted but his partner Sam Moore vowed never to speak to him offstage again, because of it!
15) Mexico is an incorrect answer!
Numbers 05 06 09 12 15 have still not been answered folks. I'll give the answers on the next show, unless YOU answer them beforehand!
I'll be back!
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
Wink
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks